Did Mother’s Day sneak up on you again? Somehow I never realize it’s coming, so of course I don’t have time to make any of the cool gift ideas on my Pinterest boards. (Speaking of Pinterest, you can follow us HERE>>)
Luckily, there are some amazing kid made gift ideas out there for last minute Mother’s Day presents, like this washable Mothers Day Sharpie Mug! They’re cheap and easy to make gifts your kids will be proud to give Mom or Grandma.
How to Make a Sharpie Mug
This post contains affiliate links
Yes, they are washable!
What You’ll Need:
- Low gloss coffee mug – You can find these at most dollar stores. Low gloss makes it harder for the paint to chip when you wash it.
- Oil-based paint pens – Available at most arts and crafts stores. They must be oil-based. Water-based paint will wash right off.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Make sure the mug is clean and dry.
- Follow the paint pen instructions to get it started and test it on another surface.
- Have your child draw on the mug as they please.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 2 hours. (According to Destination Decoration, this temperature keeps the colors from changing, and 2 hours is long enough to keep the paint from chipping when the mugs are washed. You can read more about baking sharpie mugs HERE).
- TIP: Mess up? Use rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip to erase any mistakes.
We want to see how yours turned out! Follow us on Facebook and post some pictures! Follow Us Here>>
Don’t forget to join our email list for freebies, printables, and more great ideas! Sign Up Here>>
Join our email list for more great ideas!